The coronavirus has many of us reexamining our travel plans, attendance at international conferences and our preparedness to support a large number of remote workers should outbreak of the virus escalate further.
Accelerated Strategies Group launched a new research initiative, Health Emergency IT Preparedness Survey to empower of us to assess, decide and act based upon data. (Press Release)
The HEITPS research has four main goals:
- Establish data to be used for risk assessment and decision making.
- Create a baseline we each can benchmark ourselves compared to other IT organizations.
- Understand the role and importance of technologies such as the cloud and online collaboration platforms.
- Examine remote work/work at home policies in situations that might require large numbers or staff to work remotely.
Through this research we anticipate answering questions like:
- Do current BC and DR plans hold up in a health emergency where large numbers of people may not be able to have direct, in-person contact?
- What technologies, such as the cloud and collaboration platforms, are critical to our strategies?
- Are we equipped with adequate remote work and work at home policies?
- Do we believe critical technologies, such as the cloud, SaaS and other large providers have the capacity to take on large numbers of users shifting to remote work?